Why are people looking for ways how to beat anxiety naturally? If you are suffering from anxiety or stress you are always looking for ways on how to beat anxiety naturally without pills. Nowadays, people often take medication for almost anything they are trying to cope with. This is particularly true to those individuals who are suffering from anxiety disorder since it comes with physical symptoms that can really affect the quality of your life.
If you’re suffering from severe stress or anxiety, you should see a doctor who will be able to advise a precise treatment plan for you. However, the ways on how to beat anxiety naturally can help ease the signs of stress and anxiety even in the short term. When used in combination with traditional methods and/or medication they are helpful tools to be able to use the next time you’re feeling overwhelmed.
Tips on How to Beat Anxiety Naturally
The methods that we will mention below are some of the most effective ways on how to beat anxiety naturally. There are some of them that will instantly work while others will gradually improve your level of anxiety overtime.
When you have a moment of anxiety and fear, drinking chamomile will calm your nerves. . The chamomile contains active compound that binds with our brain receptors. Chamomile contains an average of 1.2% apigenin.
Based on the study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania, individuals who are suffering from GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) who received a regular dose of chamomile has significantly improved their condition in the past 8 weeks. This is one of the most effective methods on how to beat anxiety naturally.
Japanese Buddhists have the capacity to meditate for extensive hours. Perhaps one of the reasons behind this would be the amino acid that is packed inside the cup of a green tea. According to the research, the L-theanine has the power to keep your blood pressure and heart rate at the ideal rate. It can also reduce the level of anxiety.
A study that was published at the Journal of Functional Foods shows those individuals who are prone to anxiety feels calmer during the test after ingesting L-theanine compound. You will need to take at least 5 cups of green tea if you want to know how to beat anxiety naturally.
Some people want to eliminate their anxiety without feeling sleepy. However, if you are looking for a sedative, then the Valerian would be an effective way on how to beat anxiety naturally. It is a great solution for people who are suffering from insomnia. Valerian can be taken as a tea, but it has that strange smell which is why most people will choose to use this in a tincture form. You should take this before you sleep at night and not when you are doing your daily grind.It may make you a bit groggy.
Right now, meditation is making its revival as an everyday tool for managing with life and nurturing personal growth. In fact, it has become very common to use meditation techniques for stress and anxiety relief-ever for banishing panic attacks. The benefits of meditation for anxiety and stress include reducing physical discomfort, putting things into perspective to make better decision and coping with difficult situations.
You can learn how to meditate to alleviate anxiety but even just taking some deep breaths and focusing on your breathing for a few minutes will immediately decrease stress levels. While you are at it, here are some mantras you can repeat to yourself to enhance the experience even more. Just pick one or two and repeat them to yourself whenever you feel stress or anxiety rising:
- “This too shall pass.”
- “Anxiety is just a feeling.”
- “Other people feel this way too.”
- “Release all worry and celebrate what could go right.”
- “My desires are on their way to me.”
- “There are no wrong decisions because I learn from every choice.”
- “I will release what I cannot change.”
- “Breathing in I calm my body, breathing out I smile.”
- “I might not feel ok right now, but I will feel ok soon enough.”
- “This is only temporary.”
- “I have survived and I will continue to survive.”
- “I’ve gotten through worse.”
- “Worrying is a waste of my energy.”
- “I am stronger than I think.”
- “It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.”
- “I am peace. I am calm.”
- “Every breath I take calms me and every breath I exhale takes away tension.”
- “It’s only a moment.”
- “I am safe.”
- “Everything will be okay.”
Exercise is probably the best way on how to beat anxiety naturally. It has that immediate effect, and it also come with a long-term solution for anxiety.
Those who exercise on a regular basis will feel healthier, and they will have an improved self-esteem. The body is the mind and the mind is the body. When you take care of yourself, you are helping the whole system.” When you exercise regularly you are also producing the feel good hormones of serotonin and norepinephrine which last even after your session is over.
These are just some ways on how to beat anxiety naturally. By using these methods, you will gradually notice that your mood is improving that will allow you to enjoy a better quality of life. But remember, if anxiety and stress has become a significant part your life, seek out help from a psychologist or counselor or even your family doctor. You don’t have to do this on your own – remember, it’s a sign of strength, not weakness, to seek help.
Additional Tips on How to Beat Anxiety Naturally
- Take Time for Yourself. Do yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from daily worries will help clear your head.
- Eat well-balanced meals. Eat smaller meals throughout the day. Keep healthy, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can heighten anxiety and set off panic attacks.
- Get plenty of sleep. When stressed, your body needs to recharge with plenty of sleep and rest.
- Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. Practice mindfulness.
- Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary. This will help shift your focus
- Accept what is. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn’t possible, be proud of however close you get.
- Don’t Try to Control Everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
- Laugh. Watch a funny movie, read the comics, reach out to the friend that makes you laugh.
- Stay Positive. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Volunteer. Find a way to be active in your community, your workplace or your school. Help out and be part of the community.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.
- Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.