Do you really need 15 ways to stay positive? Have you ever met someone who was so positive about life, you wish you felt that way as well? You can. Positive thinking is a powerful tool. Our minds control all of our thought processes and can be the catalyst for living a happy and positive existence or live life with a doom and gloom attitude.
Here are several ways to not only improve your mindset, but your life as well. This list of 15 easy ways to stay positive is great jump start to feeling better. I found the especially when menopause began it just seem harder to get through the day with a smile sometimes. This is a list that helped me:
15 Easy Ways to Stay Positive
1. If you are faced with a negative thought, change it to a positive one. Remember the movie, “Pollyanna?” Her father taught her the “glad game.” She encouraged the town to find things to be glad about. Eventually, they did and were happier than ever before.
2. Surround your life with positive people. Go to events which bring you joy or have special meaning. Invoke positive memories whenever you can.
3. There is a saying, “It’s the simple things in life that make me happy.” Find those simple pleasures, no matter how small or insignificant they may be. They are yours to enjoy.
4. Laughter is the best medicine, especially for a heavy heart. Be around people who make you laugh; it’s quite contagious.
5. Love yourself; nurture the inner you; love others, and most of all be kind. Greet the doorman in the morning, or give a hug to someone who needs it most.
6. Help someone less fortunate than yourself. Volunteer your time at a nursing home or hospital. When you give, you receive ten-fold.
7. Remember, what you do affects others. If you are negative, people will shy away from you. However if you are positive, you will be surrounded by people who wish to be in your company all the time.
8. Congratulate yourself on jobs well done! Positive thinking breeds positive results.
9. Begin your day in a positive manner. Nothing is worse then getting up in a grumpy mood. It not only sets the tone for the days’ events, but impacts your family as well.
10. Place flowers around your home; open the curtains and let the sun shine in. Also, add more light to your home if needed. Light has a direct effect on one’s mood.
11. Changing the way in which you view life can make all the difference. Try not to think about the negative aspects, but focus on the positive blessings in your life. Turn off the bad news, and channel your thoughts in the direction of goodness. (I stopped watching the news before going to bed – I swear it changed my life)
12. It may be cliché, but take time out to smell the roses.
13. Give thanks for all you have; and be generous to those who have nothing.
14. Take a look at the smiles on your children’s faces. Nothing in the world can negatively impact the feelings those smiles invoke.
15. Live life to the fullest and enjoy every precious moment of it.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~ Groucho Marx –